Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The "Where's" of My Writing

When I’m writing I tend to get lost in my head sometimes.  I become absorbed, and even obsessed, with the worlds that I’m creating there, describing on the page, and in the landscapes of the story itself.  While the plot and the characters of any story are what the whole thing revolves around, something else that can be just as important are the settings: where those characters are, and where the story takes place. 

For today’s update I decided to take you some of the places where my stories take place.  Enjoy.


The Immortals - though the story begins in the USA and has several other parts there as well, the bulk of the story is set in Greece.... 

The Chosen - this story takes place in northeast USA, primarily the New England areas around Yale University and New Haven, CT; in Westford, MA and Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA...

The Gifted - taking place in the environs and the sights that I can see anytime with just a short drive, this story is set mostly in Southern Alberta...

I take no credit for the photo's used in these collages... They were collected over the course of months, and even years, from public archives, blogs, and other sites found online by using Google searches. I tried to make sure that I wasn't using anyone's copyrighted photos but if I missed one, or if you were the photographer of one of the photos used and would like credit for your work, please just let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.  No infringement of photo rights is meant by the use of these photos. - Lacey

1 comment:

  1. The places that you have chosen for the settings for your stories look great and interesting. I am happy to become a Follower of your Blog. Thanks for becoming a Follower of my Blog. Take care and my best wishes to you.
    Judy - JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete