Thursday, October 7, 2010

Writing, Writing, Writing... Right?

Writer's BlockImage by thorinside via Flickr
I think it's inevitable that it happens to everyone, that all writers experience that one thing that can knock even the best of us off our game... That's right, I'm talking about the infamous Writer's Block.  I don't know why but it seems like once or twice every year I get hit with a spectacularly horrible shot of not being able to write anything at all.  And it always seems to hit about the same time as a serious case of pessimism, which this year I allowed to get the better of me... Hence not having written any blogs in the last several months.  And yes, I know, several months is far too long to go with out saying anything.  But there it is. 


I actually pulled myself out of the pit (aka Writer's Block Hell) just over a month ago and have been fiendishly working on my novel. (Not the new one that I wrote about last.) And a couple of short stories.  And doing some editing/beta-ing for a friend and colleague.   And you know I'm actually feeling pretty good about the work now, and now, I can't figure what was wrong that I couldn't find anything to write about a few months ago.  Ah, depressions... Don't they just suck?


So what do you do when you're suffering from Writer's Block?  How do you work through it? 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment